House Rules Middleton Fire Department 2020/21 Lottery Draw for
“Middleton Fire Department 100 Club”
Approved by the Alcohol and Gaming Division under License # AGD-306678-20
1. Prize’s consist of 8 draws of $25.00ea, 4 draws of $50.00ea, 2 draws of $100.00 ea and one for $400.00. The Prizes are being offered to the winner of the Lottery by Middleton Fire Department.
2. The Lottery Tickets are being printed under the direction of the executive, they are printed on “two part” ticket stock. No more than 100 tickets will be printed for each night. The two parts contain a matching serial number that is unique to each ticket. One part of the ticket; the larger part which contains the details of the draw and price shall remain with the purchaser and the smaller ticket stub portion will remain with the Middleton Fire Department.
3. The Draw shall take place at 49 Church Street on October 8, 2020, November 12, 2020, December 10, 2020, January 14, 2021, February 11, 2021 and March 11, 2021. The draws with take place at 8 pm each night. The draw will take place in front of 3 independent witnesses and the public-at-large. The draw will be managed and supervised at all times by the Licensee. The name and contact details of the Independent Volunteer drawing the ticket and three persons acting as official witnesses will be recorded and retained. The draw will be executed by removing one single ticket stub from the container.
4. The Announcement will be immediate and in front of the audience gathered. The announcement will declare the serial number of the winning ticket.
5. In order to be declared a Winner the Middleton Fire Department must be able to prove through its customer records that the winning ticket was purchased by a named customer recorded in the Middleton Fire Department database. A winner does not need to be present for the draw to qualify as a winner.
6. The Winner agrees that Middleton Fire Department can publicly advertise the winner and details of the prize. The winner shall not be compensated for such participation.
7. Security of Tickets and Stubs shall be afforded under the control of Middleton Fire Department. Tickets can only be printed through the executive of the Middleton Fire Department System. At any time Middleton Fire Department shall be able to determine how many tickets have been printed, how many have been sold and what serial number is on the printed and/or sold ticket. The stub of sold ticket shall be retained by the Middleton Fire Department in a lockable, sealed container. The container shall be kept in the Chief's office and the keys to the container will only be held by the Department's Chief’s or designated representative. If the container is ever opened prior to the draw date, a written record of such an event shall be maintained by the department, including the date, location and reason for the opening of the box. A minimum of three people will be required to be present should such an opening ever take place. The box will be locked and sealed on completion and the three witnesses will sign an affidavit indicating that all ticket stubs remained intact properly contained and accounted for and that the box was subsequently resealed and re-locked. Individual ticket purchasers shall be entirely responsible for the security of their own portion of the tickets they have purchased.
8. Middleton Fire Department members and their families will be eligible to purchase lottery tickets in their own name because of the independent nature of the draw and the degree of security being afforded the ticket and stub control.
9. The prizes are not transferable and non refundable. No Replacement Cheques will be issued, Cheques are valid for 6 months from issue.
10. The Proceeds of the Lottery shall accrue to the Middleton Fire Department, a not-for-profit, registered Fire Department. Middleton Fire Department shall utilize the funds to support the new equipment fund.
11. The Geographic location of the Lottery is the Province of Nova Scotia and no tickets will be offered for sale outside of Nova Scotia.
12. Minimum age of a Participant is 19 Years of Age. No ticket shall be sold to persons under the Age of 19 and the winner must be 19 Years of Age or older.
13. The nominal cash value of the prizes are as advertised.
14. The last date and time for qualifying tickets sales shall be at 8 pm on the night of the draw.
15. A Second Draw for a winner will be conducted 90 days after the initial winning draw if the winner for the first draw cannot be identified and the prize is unclaimed. If necessary, the second draw will take place at Middleton Fire Department.
16. House Rules shall be posted at the Middleton Fire Department office throughout the Lottery license duration.